20080611

Pulau adventure!

HAHA. Back to civilisation! :D
Apologies for missing for days.. 'Cause I had become some refugee surviving on some island off Batam's coast. LOL.

For a moment, I was thinking to myself what have I gotten myself into. LOL. But then the trip was really an eye opener and uh yeah, cultural shocking. LOL. I went kampong style yo! My most memorable weekend and getaway. It brainwashed me literally. And it taught me to not take the things I have now for granted. Sometimes, we human beings just grumble and complain about the littlest shits in our lives. Once you're there, your mindset would totally change. You can stop complaining about being so fortunate back here in Sinapore. The things and the lifestyles of the people were so different. And yup, it's just once in a life time you get to experience the kampong life. Heh. Not used to it, but loved it :) So, I hope I can stop complaining about my stupid life, no? Heh.

Random things over at the pulau which I wna highlight.
1. The toilet there just looked like the normal squatting toilets back here. BUT, there's no flush! And.. it only had a hole! LOL. So you shit and pee and what's not into the hole whichhhhh all goes down into the sea! Yeap! INTO THE SEA. You can see the sea water while doing your business. So just think about it, whenever we dip into the sea, we are literally swimming and dipping into many human's pee, shit and litter. :o

2. Litter yes! There are no rubbish bins there. So whatever you need to throw, just throw it out into the open sea! LOL, no fines for littering! It was really shocking to see them throwing their junk out of their house at first. But I got used to ad I enjoyed it to the max. You litter everywhere you go. LOL.




Trying to net some fish out! Bleah!

3. We lived in this little house made of wood on stilts above the sea! It's really durable I must say. Though it tends to get too noisy and a little too annoying at night 'cause all you hear is the waves crashing on the stilts while you are trying to get your hmm, beauty sleep!



4. We got everywhere by boat! But we went to another island which was like their city area to do some grocery shopping, I reckon the people there doesn't like to walk nor cycle. They got around by scooters! Yeah and they are hell irritating 'cause you have to give way or they'll keep honking their horns. Anyway, they need to take the boat to another island to get to their ATM which is also a small little cottage on stilts and also to pay their handphone bills!











5. I tried simple fishing! My rod, supposingly made of just a small piece of styrofoam, maybe about a metre long of fishing strings and a hook! The bait was just flour and water and I managed to catch ONE damn tiny fish out of so many times. ZZZ. But it was fun to reel in the fishies! Though it's really brutal to see the fish get hooked. Mine got hooked at the eye :( Feeling sad for the fish, I threw it back into the sea!









6. I spent only SGD 10 there and got so much foooooood. Lol, chocolates, bubble gum, drinks, ice-cream yadah yadah yadah. And the best thing there was the ciggarettes which only cost SGD 1.40! WAHAHAHAHA! Cheap shit man!

7. The family we stayed with made like 4 meals a day? HA! YES I BECAME A GLUTTON THERE! :D And they cooked really well! I hadn't touch pork for like 3 days lar. FOOD'S THE BEST! :DDD

8. I got baked by the sun by lying semi-naked under it at the jetty! And I think it was their first time seeing semi-naked girls running around their village?! LOL. I got really strange stares and they tried talking to me, but I couldn't understand? Initially felt really alienated? But I got used to it. LOL.

9. I did the craziest thing there! Which was jumping off the jetty of about 1 storey high and into the litter-pee-shit sea! :DD WAS DAMN EXCITING LAR. My heart was like racing and felt the adrenaline running in my blood when I was above the sea. The moment I plunged in, it felt sooooo damn SHIOK ah! LOL. The only thing we feared was the strong currents. Never underestimate the currents seriously. It looked so calm but down below, I was swept away real fast! WOO!


Jetty by night time.

10. Lastly, I got a crush on a pulau boy! WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! LOL. He's the all natural built pulau boy okay! :D Nice body and six pack from all that shit labour there. Heh. The guys there have nice lean body mannn. And the kids really looked soooo damn cute, handsome and pretty! Lol. Hmmmm... I hope pulau boy comes to Singapore :)


Pulau Boy, Ayid! : p

Ahmad, Maria, Su and I :)

Cam-bitching on the boat!

Baby Iskanda (Ahmad's cousin) and I! : DD

I swear he's SUPERRRRR UBERRRR CUTE! And he eats, sleeps and drools a lot! Hehe. Wouldn't it be nice to be a baby again? Get pampered, fed and everything? :p

Found this interesting! The fishes in attention! All in a straight line! Funny isn't it? Lol. And Su tried to disturb them by kicking an orange peel down which was stuck to the floor. Instead, her berks went in. LOL.

HAHA. Ayid fishing it out of the waters.


Heh. That's about it! :D

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger A said...

Ahmad here! :)

I'm glad you had fun!
And Ayie is coming on the 22nd of June. And I'm totally bringing him out! :)

You're totalllllly invited Jo. And DAMN I LOOK TERRIBLE SO UNGLAM!

10:17 PM  
Blogger Jols :) said...

OMG YOU FOUND MY BLOG! LOL! surprising larrrs! LOL. omg and you know my dirty lil secret alr! HAHA. (BLUSHES!) YAY! I CAN'T WAIT, AHMAD! heh heh!!

12:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home